More than 30% of the population has a score lower than 600 which is considered by lenders as someone with “bad credit.” Unfortunately, people with bad credit have more problems getting financing of good interests or getting financing altogether. This is given that banks do not usually give personal loans with bad credit because they see your low score as a risk that you can not pay them back.
Although it is more difficult, if there are personal loans for people with bad credit. Instead of reviewing your score and using it as a factor, check your income level and your current debts to decide if you apply for the loan.
These loans are of smaller amounts (usually up to $ 5,000 but the maximum limit of personal loans we work with is $ 100,000). They are also of greater interest (the terms of the lenders we work with start at 3.84%), but they can be very useful for the following needs:
- Medical expenses.
- Debt consolidation.
- Family emergencies
- Pay rent and other receipts.
- Shopping and services.
- Repairs of house and car.
How Personal Loans Work with Bad Credit
Loans for people with bad credit work practically the same as other types of personal loans. The process of application, approval, deposit of funds and logistics of repayment are quite similar. Here are some facts about how personal loans work with bad credit in the United States:
- How to Apply: Most loans with bad credit are offered online. You can check for free the best options with which we work.
- How Long Does It Take to Approve: Normally the approval process is instantaneous when you apply online but it may take a few days when you go to a branch / office as it may take longer to process your information.
- Where You Deposit Money: If you apply online your loan funds are electronically deposited into your bank account which is safer since there are no lost checks and it makes it easier for you to use your money more quickly.
- How to Pay Loan Fees: Normally loan installments are paid online through the lender’s system or directly from the same bank account where they made the deposit. Most lenders will reduce your interest if you authorize them to charge the loan fee directly from your bank account automatically every month (This helps you not to receive fines for forgetting to pay on time).
The biggest difference of personal loans with bad credit are interest, repayment time and loan amounts. As we mentioned before, this is because you are seen as a greater risk to have a bad credit.
For the same reason, most banks do not lend to people with bad credit, only financial ones. With fewer financing options for people with bad credit, the costs and interests of the options that are available go up. Be sure to follow the following tips to save the most on your loan:
- Take the shortest term possible: The longer your terms, the more months or years you have to pay interest. Always try to take the shortest loan term possible to save (EJ: 2 years of repayment instead of 5 years).
- Never pay in advance: Be very careful with fraud, never pay a lender before being granted a loan. It’s like you have to pay before you can work, it does not make sense but it happens a lot.
- Never give your bank PIN: Although it is normal to ask for your route and bank account since with this information the loan deposits are made, never give out your bank PIN. By giving your bank PIN is like giving your Facebook password, with that information someone could enter your account and steal money.
- Repay as soon as possible: Just as we recommend you to take the shortest possible loan term, we also suggest you repay your loan as soon as possible to save interest. Even if your loan has a term of 3 years if you can repay it in 1 year, do it. This would save you 2 years of interest.
- Fix your credit: If you are reading this article it is probably because you have bad credit, so if you are denied or do not receive good financing terms we recommend you to fix your credit to receive better options and save on interest.
Types of Personal Loans:
A) Unsecured Loans: These personal loans work like any other loan. Fixed monthly installments are paid for a # of months and do not require you to put a car or other valuables as collateral in order to be granted the loan. This type of loan is convenient for people who need more time to repay the money and need higher loan amounts but do not want to risk any valuables in case they can not pay. Here is an example of what you can expect from an installment loan with no collateral for bad credit:
- Average Amount: $ 5,000
- Maximum Term: 84 Months Average Annual Interest: 19.99%
Example: If you receive a loan of $ 3,000 and pay $ 800 of interest for 12 months. How much was your annual interest?
- Divide $ 800 for $ 3,000 which gives 0.27
- Multiply 0.27 by 365 which gives 97.3
- Divide 97.3 by 365 (since the loan is for one year) which gives 0.27
- Multiply that by 100 which gives 27% which would be your annual interest or APR
Answer: 27% annual interest.
B) Advance Loans (or Payday Loans): These personal loans work as an advance of your salary and are of smaller amounts. Advance or payday loans are short term so they are paid in full amount on your next payday (7 to 30 days). These loans do not require higher qualifications, so they are a good option for people with bad credit who need money for a short-term emergency. Here is an example of what you can expect from a loan advance / day of payment:
- Maximum Amount: $ 1,000
- Maximum Term: 30 days
- Annual Interest Average: 100%
Example: If you receive a loan of $ 500 and pay $ 50 of interest for 1 month (30 days). How much was your annual interest?
- Divide $ 50 for $ 500 which gives 0.1
- Multiply 0.1 by 365 which gives 36.5
- Divide 36.5 by 30 (since the loan is for a month) which gives 1.22
- Multiply that by 100 which gives 122% which would be your annual interest or APR. (For this type of loan you only pay interest once, this is just an example of what the annual interest of this type of loan was).
Answer: 122% annual interest.
C) Loans With Guarantee: The biggest difference of these loans is that they require that you put a guarantee like a car or other object of value to be able to grant the loan. Guaranteed loans are more risky than unsecured loans for the client because if you stop paying your loan the lender can seize your collateral and become the new owner. The lender will sell your collateral and use the money from the sale to cover the loan you have been granted. Sometimes these loans have a lower interest since they are “less risky” for the lender but it is your decision if you should take the risk of giving a guarantee or not.
How Rosalind Helps to Get Loans:
Rosalind has partnered with several companies that help people get personal loans with bad credit. To receive free help from one of our professional agents by comparing and applying for loans for people with bad credit, you fill out this form . You can also review the loan options with which we work alone in your free time. These are the advantages of applying to a loan with Rosalind:
- Compare several loans in one place to find the best option for lower interest rates.
- The application is fast takes 2 minutes, is 100% free and safe.
- Receive an instant response
- If you are accepted, receive your money in as fast as 1 day.
- Compare options is free.
- We offer more than 100 financial solutions for different needs.
1. ARE PERSONAL LOAN INTERESTS WITH BAD CREDIT AN ANNUAL OR MONTHLY?
The interests of personal loans with bad credit are usually offered in annual terms, although payments are made monthly. For example: The personal loans with which Rosalind works start from 3.84% annual interest.
2. WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING TO PERSONAL LOANS?
The requirements to apply for personal loans depending on the company. Rosalind works with good and bad credit lenders, so the highest requirements are the following:
- Have a monthly income of more than $ 1,500 (before taxes).
- Have a social security (if you have an ITIN document click here for more info).
3. HOW MUCH IS THE APPLICATION OF PERSONAL LOANS TAKEN WITH BAD CREDIT?
The time it takes to apply for personal loans with bad credit varies according to the company. With Rosalind apply take 2 minutes and the answer is instantaneous. If you go to a bank or other companies the application and approval process can take 3-7 days or more.
4. CAN I APPLY TO PERSONAL LOANS IF I HAVE BAD CREDIT?
Although there is a possibility that you are not approved for a personal loan with bad credit, you can still apply through Rosalind. You do not lose anything applying since the application is free, fast and does not affect your credit ?
5. WHAT CAN I DO IF THE LOAN DENIED ME?
- Improve or repair your credit.
- Explore our 4 options on how to earn money online.
- Consolidate or manage your debts.
Other Resources for Personal Loans with Bad Credit:
For personal loans with bad credit we recommend you always check with the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) and FCC (Federal Communications Commission). These government pages share information and personal finance news, which give you tips to avoid online fraud.